Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Missing in action

When I last wrote, I failed to mention that things have been too crazy, even for me. Not only did the lack of information make me feel incompetent at doing my job, I was sure that those above me were definitely incompetent at doing theirs. Case in point, our office move.

Wow. I would not have expected such a circus sideshow. But it sure was funny. I wish someone posted a video on Youtube.

Our logistics organization consists of an executive director, some admin, some directors, some managers, some team leads, some buyers, some clerks at the level of buyer, and some clerks. The level of work done by the staff varies, based on their experience, lack of interest, desire to go shopping.... Everyone gets paid in accordance to their job class. And the discrepancy is huge.

Anyway, the director team decided to move everyone around the floor. Buyers were moving into shared offices. Clerks were moving to be closer their team. My team was moving well, way the hell to the other end of the floor. It would have been easier to move us into a completely different building.

Somehow, furniture wound up everywhere. A desk was propped up on its side and its legs stuck out. Robin Hood, our favorite director turned a corner too sharply, and sharply punctured his left eyebrow. Blood gushed out everywhere. I immediately rushed to pour soda water onto the carpet to avoid stains. Fortunately I made it in the nick of time and blotted up all the blood. No sense in wasting a perfectly good carpet that had just recently been laid in the last two years. Even I haven't been laid since then.

Eventually the dust cleared, and now buyers can hear each others' conversations with their loved ones, friends, medical receptionists, because there is now no more privacy.

And that, as they say, is that. More later.

Ta ta...

Love, Ivana

No comments: